Monday, October 12, 2009

Finding

I have started getting ready to move which got me thinking about all the changes that has occured in my life. Many really big changes in my life has been pre-cursed with a major surgery (a pattern I don't want to continue). I have found wonderful things every time I have been on crutches and have added love after having painful operations. Let me explain with a surgery time line (what normal person can have one of these?).

Age 15 - Knee surgery = crutches for five weeks
Found: there was more to me than what I could physically do.

Age 20 - Knee surgery = crutches for four weeks
Found: a strong testimony of the Saviour and an 18 month mission to testify and find full-time.

Age 22 - Knee surgery twice = crutches for six weeks
Found: Ben, well technically he found me but finding was involved.

Age 22 - Tonsillectomy = starving for days!
Added love: my husband.

Age 26 - c-section = limited movement for weeks.
Added love: Austen

Age 28 - c-section = limited movement again.
Added love: Dirk

So here I am with a couple of scars but much more love.

4 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

Wow, that is a lot of surgeries! But it's great you can find the good in all of them! Have fun moving! :)

David and Mary said...

Can't wait to see you guys. I hope the packing goes well. Give the boys hugs and kisses from grandma.

Joseph and Katie said...

You have such an amazing outlook on life Tana. You also have darling children!

Joseph and Katie said...

By the way, come on over to my blog....I just tagged you in a fun photo game. :)

Y'all come back now!